Life comes at you fast.
For the last month, President Trump has been feuding with the NFL over some players’ protest of the national anthem. The feud started weeks ago when Trump said players who protest should be fired. The comments led to mass protests around the league. Fans were upset, ratings dropped, and NFL popularity plummeted. With recent comments from NFL commissioner Rodger Goodell stating the NFL will not require players to stand for the anthem, it seems the controversy will continue.
However, there was once a simpler time.
That simpler time featured the current first lady, Melania Trump, modeling in an NFL advertisement. Melania was part of a campaign promoting high-profile female NFL fans called, ‘It’s My Team.’ Melania’s ad features the first lady standing beside Suzanne Johnson, Woody Johnson’s wife. Johnson is the owner of the Jets and a friend of Pres. Trump’s.NFL/AdWeek
The original release of the ads cites Melania as a “New York Jets fan, entrepreneur and wife of Donald Trump.”
Melania, four years later:Jim Watson/AFP/Getty Images Win McNamee/Getty Images Chris Kleponis-Pool/Getty Images
According to Ad Week, other high-profile individuals in the “It’s My Team” ads include:
NFL/AdWeek NFL/AdWeek NFL/AdWeek
• Charlotte Anderson, Dallas Cowboys fan and Cowboys evp of brand management
• Susie Castillo, New England Patriots fan and Miss USA 2003
• Gracie Hunt, Kansas City Chiefs fan and daughter of Chiefs chairman and CEO Clark Hunt
• Tavia Hunt, Kansas City Chiefs fan and philanthropist, wife of Chiefs chairman and CEO Clark Hunt
• Kym Johnson, Pittsburgh Steelers fan and professional dancer
• Suzanne Johnson, New York Jets fan and philanthropist, wife of New York Jets owner Woody Johnson
• D.J. Kiss, New Orleans Saints fan and prominent D.J.
• Peta Murgatroyd, Green Bay Packers fan and professional dancer
• Ary Nuñez, New York Giants fan and Nike Training Club master trainer
• Marlena Ortiz, New York Giants fan and breast cancer survivor
• Lakey Peterson, New York Jets fan and Nike professional surfer
• Marie Purvis, Denver Broncos fan and Nike Training Club master trainer
• Condoleezza Rice, Cleveland Browns fan, former U.S. Secretary of State and current faculty member at the Stanford Graduate School of Business
• Summer Sanders, San Francisco 49ers fan and retired Olympic gold medalist in swimming
• Eva Scrivo, Detroit Lions fan, hair and beauty expert, author of Eva Scrivo on Beauty
• Juliet Simms, Miami Dolphins fan and singer/songwriter
• Brittanie and Tiffanie Snyder, Washington Redskins fans and daughters of Redskins owner Daniel Snyder
• Tanya Snyder, Washington Redskins fan, breast cancer survivor, married to Redskins owner Daniel Snyder
• Melissa Stark, NFL Network host from Baltimore
• Serena Williams, Miami Dolphins limited partner and Nike professional tennis player
Ah, a simpler time.